Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Review on ELF studio powder (Porcelain) and blush (Gotta Glow)

Hi ELFocholics! :-)

I had requests to do reviews on ELF studio line: pressed powder in Porcelain and blush in Gotta Glow, so let's start. :-)

Some intro photos. ;-)





- Pressed Powder in Porcelain:

my absolutely the most favorite powder ever! :-D It comes in little black box, looks very stylish, has little mirror and little powder applicator. The powder is quite fine structure, soft, leaves silky, soft feeling on the skin and applies very easily. I was lucky enough to find out that Porcelain shade completely matches my skin tone, it is yellow based tone and in my opinion would suit everybody with fair to light beige skin tone. This is the lightest shade of the powder and i'm only concerned that ladies with very pale skin tone would find this still dark for them, while there's no lighter shade than this one. So this would be little recommendation for ELF if they can launch powder with one tone lighter for all pale skin tones.
Anyway i absolutely love this product!




I hope that you can notice on the picture how it evens out my skin tone. (Click on the photos for larger view)

On the first photo i don't have any makeup at all;


On the photo below i have applied powder.


My rating: (scale 1-5)

* quality: 5

* packaging: 5

* how long does it last: 5

* would i buy it again: yes, yes, yes! I'll probably order spare one even, just to be sure i never run out of it!

* price: 4.00 e

* overall: 5

* where to buy: www.eyeslipsface.co.uk


- Studio blush on Gotta Glow:

To be honest this is one very rare ELF product that i'm not very impressed with. Maybe my expectations were too high, i dunno, i just didn't develop special connection to this product and now i'll explain why...
It comes like all other studio blushes in very nice little black box with small mirror so it looks very cute and posh. But what i mind about it is that it is more like eyeshadow than blush, it is completely white and it has glitter. I am not big fan of glitter, i like shimmery makeup but not really glitter because glitter is too obvious on the skin.
So when i apply it to my cheeks it looks like this...


I don't see big difference to be honest, i see only the glitter.
But yesterday i applied it as highlight on eybrow bones and it looked very nice actually. So my personal opinion is that this product is more suitable on eyes than on the cheeks.
The quality is really good, it stays very long on the skin (I had it on my eyes whole day yesterday); it is really only the color i mind, because it is very intense white, not subtle at all, just very pigmented white.



My rating: (scale 1-5)

* quality: 5

* packaging: 5

* how long does it last: 5

* would i buy it again: not sure because the white color is too pigmented for a blush

* price: 4.00 e

* overall: 3 (just because of all the reasons i mentioned)

* where to buy: www.eyeslipsface.co.uk

Of course, the tastes are different and i read many reviews where people are completely excited about this blush, so my personal opinion doesn't have to be yours too. :-) But at least i'm completely crazy about the powder, i know i found perfect one for me! :-)

What are your opninions on these 2 products? :-)

9 comments:

  1. The powder has given good results, hasn't it!

    I think I may order one on my next order.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to smile... Haha...

    I actually wish I was a powder-girl so I could buy this powder LOL

    About the blush. I've used it today. I still don't know what I think, but mine's not white at all... But I will def try it out as a e/s too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Danielle: i tried to somehow show it with the photos, but i think the difference is especially noticeably for real. I hope you'll like it. :-)

    @ hverdags-mamma: heh, well i really am crazy about powders! ;-) I have many but most of them are close to my skin color and this one matches it completely. :-) But ok, i admit i can sometimes sound hyper-enthusiastic. ;-)
    Would you like to swatch your blush? I'm curious how does it come it's not so white, because mine is really pigmented. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for reviewing the Pressed powder <3
    It looks tad too dark for my skin tone, such a shame it being the lightest shade :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Melly: no problem Melly. Yeah well my skin is fair but it's not really pale, more like really lightest beige, but certainly not as pale as for example Gwyneth Paltrow's skin, so if your skin is as light as hers this Porcelain tone will be dark i guess. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've used it on my FOTD today ;) It's really tranlucent on me, only the small glitter that shows when you're really close-up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG you did indeed, i didn't realize it at all! Damn, i should i go to bed and sleep! ;-) It looks nice on you. gives you that nice glow, but on me it doesn't look good at all, while Luminance bronzer and Golden bronzer work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your blog today great reviews i love reading about elf products x

    ReplyDelete